Author Topic: Hello fellow glass lovers!  (Read 921 times)

Offline 51k.bos

• New Folks
Hello fellow glass lovers!
« on: November 12, 2015, 08:17:28 AM »
Hi....
     My name is Karri and I've got an addiction to glass.  It will cut you and make you bleed, but it's so beautiful I can't quit.  But seriously,  I love all things artsy and enjoy giving new life to discarded things.  I comb alleyways and trashbins for discarded treasures. I prefer to call myself a dumpster dabbler because being known for diving headfirst into heaps of trash doesn't exactly get you lots of dates! I like to make art from all sorts of things really.  From using an empty wine bottle to create a twinkling centerpiece, to stripping the copper wire from old cords to create a tree you never have to water. .. using the scrap glass from a stained glass designer on an old cigar box and now its a treasured whatnot box.   I enjoy working with wood as much as glass and love finding old wooden furniture.   Not everything I make uses or is from found objects, but I do what I can with what I find. I do it in the hopes of giving it new purpose so it may find a home and is useful instead of finding it's way to a landfill.  I'm not a die hard tree hugger either, I just like how I feel after transforming something one person threw away into something another person wants again.  I would like to hopefully one day do custom mosaic art for residential and commercial applications.  Right now I'm just happy to be here and grateful for the opportunity to learn,  appreciate and exchange ideas amongst like minded people... glass addicts like myself
OffbeatArtGlass

Offline crafty_lady

• Barb
  • Contributors
  • Eloquent
Re: Hello fellow glass lovers!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 03:08:38 PM »
Welcome Karri and it is a wonderful addiction to have, isn't it?  :lol:  I love to curb shop too and hit garage sales looking for stuff to mosaic with or on. I would love to see photos of some of your stuff!

Offline Eileen ~ PantherFL

• Eileen
  • Global Moderator
  • Eloquent
  • Make a difference to someone
    • Mosaics, glass & stuff ghost forum:)
Re: Hello fellow glass lovers!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 06:34:23 PM »
 :welcome:
I would love to see some photos too, hint hint ;)

We aren't very busy here lately, but there is a lot of good information in the forums, and it is great to have a new face! :D
I retired & lost my little bit of free time!