Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 992 times)

Offline smackinson

• Plans
  • Gatherer
  • Grandma's boys
Hello!
« on: September 09, 2015, 10:20:19 AM »
It has been quite a while since I have been here, and just wanted to say "hello", and hope everyone is doing well, and are keeping busy with their projects.  I have not been doing any glass until late spring, probably about 2 years.  I am in my third battle with cancer in 3 years, and finally, for my mental health sake, I started doing some things this spring, and it has been a great blessing to me!  I have about 6 more months of treatment, and hopefully, I can get life back on track.  I have 2 new granddaughters since I was last here, both are complete joy to me. the youngest one spent much of the first 6 months of her life at Children's Hospital in Philadelphia, we are from Illinois, so it was quite a strain on all of us, but right now she is holding her own, thanks be to God.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."    Jeremiah 29:11

Offline Eggshelllady

• Communicative
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 03:42:27 PM »
Hi! It's great to hear from you. Sounds like you've had a rough time though…hugs  :snuggle:
I wish you the best in your treatments. Congratulations on your granddaughters!!! I hope your youngest grand baby continues to do well. My daughter spent some time at Childrens in Philly a few years ago for testing and evaluation. so I know it can be so stressful.
Keeping you in my prayers.

Offline steelerlady

• Adhesor
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 08:00:36 PM »
Hello,  Glad you stopped in.  Prayers and hope that continue to heal.

Offline crafty_lady

• Barb
  • Contributors
  • Eloquent
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 02:33:12 PM »
Hi Patty, it is so good to hear from you. I often think about a lot of the regulars who no longer post here and wonder how they are doing! Last Christmas when I pulled out the stained glass ornaments you made for me I wondered if you were still making them. I'm sorry you are still battling cancer and hope this time you kick its butt! Congratulations on your granddaughters, I'll bet all 4 of your grandkids keep you busy!
Are you doing stained glass or mosaics? Would love to see what you have been working on!  :snuggle:

Offline Eileen ~ PantherFL

• Eileen
  • Global Moderator
  • Eloquent
  • Make a difference to someone
    • Mosaics, glass & stuff ghost forum:)
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 02:20:07 PM »
It's so good to "see" you again, and I'm glad you are finding a way to relieve your stress.  It sounds like you have had quite a time, and I am wishing you all the best, for yourself and your little loves.
I retired & lost my little bit of free time!