Author Topic: GOG window  (Read 1849 times)

Offline crafty_lady

• Barb
  • Contributors
  • Eloquent
GOG window
« on: November 18, 2014, 03:08:59 PM »
We have an octagon shaped window we replaced when we moved in that is out in the workshop but it is smaller than the one that was there previously. The molding that came with the new window was too small to cover the gaps so it has been unfinished until now. I got the idea of doing a GOG window to hang and cover the unfinished edges and this was the perfect sized window. I learned several things doing this...it's a great way to use up scrap glass, gluing random took longer than I thought and I probably shouldn't have cut the pieces so small, and you should also hang the window when it is light out so you can center it over the existing window. I didn't realize it until after it was hung that it needed to be lowered and moved over a bit. Oh well...hubby is happy with it!   

Offline Eggshelllady

• Communicative
Re: GOG window
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 07:10:11 PM »
It's so pretty, Barb!!! It must so amazing when the light shines through!!   :bigok:

Offline Eileen ~ PantherFL

• Eileen
  • Global Moderator
  • Eloquent
  • Make a difference to someone
    • Mosaics, glass & stuff ghost forum:)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 02:38:56 PM »
I love it! I would bet that the light coming through it will bring a lot of warmth & beauty inside every day.  I also wanted to mention your placement and how well it all fits, that really impressed me.
I retired & lost my little bit of free time!

Offline crafty_lady

• Barb
  • Contributors
  • Eloquent
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 08:19:45 PM »
Thanks Linda & Eileen! I learned Eileen that random is harder and takes longer than I thought it would!  :lol:

Offline shrty411

• "Always a Tiger"
  • Global Moderator
  • Eloquent
  • Paws
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 07:03:15 PM »
It's gorgeous!
"The step you took was the length of your stride at the time" - my Auntie Katie

~~Maria~~

Offline crafty_lady

• Barb
  • Contributors
  • Eloquent
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 02:38:28 PM »
Thanks Maria!

Offline chickeemama

• Contributors
  • Eloquent
  • Donna
    • flickr
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 05:18:09 PM »
What an awesome color explosion!!! Beautiful colors and I like your randomly placed glass globs.

I also have found that random placement is never random and I swear it takes twice as long to place all those darned pieces!

Don't believe everything you think!

Offline crafty_lady

• Barb
  • Contributors
  • Eloquent
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 08:05:39 PM »

I also have found that random placement is never random and I swear it takes twice as long to place all those darned pieces!

I know...I couldn't believe how much longer it took because of trying to make sure the colors were spread out and then picking pieces to fit!